Unoffical Firmware Available

Discuss use it and firmware update

Re: Unoffical Firmware Available

Postby rv0 » Mar 12th, '20, 17:37

Masuto wrote:Thanks for your reply. Since i am unable to transmit the syx via midi, i wanted to try arduino to see if i could do it from there. I burnt the bootloader, but the yocto is non working. No lights, nothing.
I know it’s boring for you to read theough these newbie issues, but really.. it is abit awkward to understand for me-i burnt the bootloader.. and then? How do i burn the unofficial firmware onto the atmega?! Sorry again but maybe this could be useful also to others who cant seem to be able to update to your custom firmware :)

I'd help you if I could, but I don't know either, I only flashed firmware with Midi before.
Perhaps someone else can help you.

It's weird that 2 people report so far here that updating with Midi does not work for them.. Make me wonder if there's not something else going on (e.g. bad batch of parts)
Get the latest unofficial Yocto V1 firmware here.
Be sure to check the revised manual.
Leave your comments in this thread.
rv0

Postby Masuto » Mar 13th, '20, 11:48

Everything else (and midi incoming sync) works as expected. My board is one of the early pcbs, it’s been working ever since.. ok nevermind, i just hope someone will find a fix eventually because the new features are well appetizing! If anyone can provide a working, unofficial firmware loaded atmega, id happily pay for it :)
Masuto

Postby FlavioB » Mar 13th, '20, 16:59

I just took a look at the revised manual - thanks for it! It's quite accurate IMO...
F.
FlavioB

Postby Masuto » Mar 14th, '20, 13:40

Ok guys. Still here.
SUCCESS i managed to upload the firmware using WIN7. WIN10 just wont do using the same setup and preferences.
If anyone has got issues uploading through MIDI like i had, please check the video https://youtu.be/3g_ZrjYXHH4
YES!!! Happiness!!!
Masuto

Postby rv0 » Mar 14th, '20, 18:26

Masuto wrote:SUCCESS i managed to upload the firmware using WIN7. WIN10 just wont do using the same setup and preferences.

Thats wonderful news :)
Have fun!
Get the latest unofficial Yocto V1 firmware here.
Be sure to check the revised manual.
Leave your comments in this thread.
rv0

Previous

Return to Yocto v1.0 Software