YOCTO ENCLOSURES - 4th batch

Discuss Yocto construction and related issues
  • hey,

got it today, and unfortunately i have to say i'm not pleased with the standoffs inside the case. they're glued on, one was fallen off already when i got it... and yeah i was aware to not let the case slip away while screwing the pcb on, but it did. it fell 5cm down on one side, on to the potis sicking out, and took several standoffs off the case... they really don't need much :\

i did use hot glue to put them back, and step 1 is way higher than step 16 (the hot glued side) have to take it apart again and try to get it closer ... wish the standoffs where really ON there, like in the nava case, no problem to drill the pcb if it's a close fit...

besides that the case looks good.
  • I knocked some of the standoffs loose as well, but used epoxy to glue them back. Added some to reinforce the others, just in case. Other than that I'm really happy with the lower profile, compared to the first version. It sits nicely alongside the Nava, although it needs to be raised a few mm to fit the profile ;)
  • I also received my case.

Belgium, Europe.
  • Mine looks great but unfortunately all but 3 standoffs fell off! fail.
  • Hi,
    i have no news from Kacper. I ordered him a mounted yocto a few months ago. No news since more than a month, although I sent him some emails. I'm a bit disappointed. :(
  • Hi! I wrote about it on a forum - i have a problem with spam and sometimes regular emails going to spam folder automatically. Sorry for that... I will find your emails and will write you within a moment. If someone have any problems with contact with me please write PM here on just a post on a forum. Cheers!
  • I have to wirte something about stand offs too...
    Sorry for that thing but i tested this glue and it worked really good. It should be as strong as spawn but I see it's not... I will improve it and next time all stand offs will be spawned.
  • I am going to try sanding the inside of the case where the mount goes and also the mounts and use a 2 part epoxy from loctite. Drilling holes is always an option of course but..

Also one suggestion is to silk screen the entire area of where the shift and start buttons are because on mine the silk screen square is bigger than the hole that was cut, so you have some uneven coloring there.

Also need to sand the case or the 1/4" jacks of the ioboard because they don't fit through as the hole in the case is a bit too small.
  • i hope the hot glue holds, used A LOT :mrgreen:
    and even managed to mount it "plane" ... love it, as long the glue doesn't fail xD