15nF Polyester Capacitor

Discuss Yocto construction and related issues
  • I noticed that too -there are 1.5n caps in the Mouser cart, so there might have been a decimal place error? (Or maybe those 1.5 caps are used elsewhere that I haven't gotten to yet?)
  • I don't think it is a decimal place error. I'm in the same situation with almost all other parts soldiered in place and the ceramic .015uF are not used anywhere else.

I've also read that there are some circuit situations where polyester and ceramic caps are interchangeable. This could be one of those situations.
  • Hi guys,
    I wrote to Vincent about this and he said:

15n are 0.015uF caps: https://eu.mouser.com/Search/ProductDet ... 215C153KAR
  • So the picture is wrong? Also took me some time to find out what went wrong, looked through all my polyester capacitors and couldn't find the 15n value? Double checked my Mouser bom and noticed it stated CERAMIC Capacitor... That really had me confused for some time, so decided to check here for answers!

So it seems we're good to go in replacing those polyester 0.015uF capacitors with ceramic capacitors!
  • yeah, ceramics and polyesters are interchangable i guess pretty much all of the time when doing analogue audio stuff :-)
  • Hm, same problem here, only got 15nF ceramic caps. So people say cou can substitute these 15nF film-caps with ceramic-caps, but looking at a picture of an original 808 pcb, these caps are film, not ceramic ones. I also read that you can in fact substitute film caps with ceramic ones, but it depends on their use in the circuit, and you shouldn't use them in the audio signal path.

So will there be any impact on the sound if i use the ceramic ones or should i wait and order the film ones instead?