Yocto Metal Box EU - Group Buy

Discuss Yocto construction and related issues
  • Would rather use a DPST switch instead of the SPST provided. What are the dimensions of the switch? Simple link to the product would work too, thanks!
  • My case arrived last week in the UK, thanks it looks great!
  • Here's switch documentation: http://www.tme.eu/pl/Document/880ea6e10 ... series.pdf
    This is model H8600VBACN

Maybe consider a better/sturdier packaging box and more bubble wrap in the future?
    It's a miracle the case only had minor damage.

- The case does not include screws. One smaller size than the ones used for the PCB.
    - I spent one hour to dremmel rough edges/"metal beard" from the button holes to get them to fit.
    - The print is kind of "blurry" in comparison to the nava case.

All in all I'm very happy and thank you Kacper! :-)
  • Oh fuck... I will improve it for sure.

I never had any problems with fitting PCB into enclosure. All holes have exactly the same dimensions as in acrylic case. Print can be a little blurry because of structure of main black paint.
  • Tracking shows my enclosure has not left Poland as of 7/22... Any ideas how long it takes to the states? Anyone in the U.S. receive theirs yet? Maybe I need to be a little more patient. :|
  • kacperpawluk wrote:Oh fuck... I will improve it for sure.

I never had any problems with fitting PCB into enclosure. All holes have exactly the same dimensions as in acrylic case. Print can be a little blurry because of structure of main black paint.
    Yes, the holes are perfect, it's just that my case had small metal pieces (rough edges from the "punch outs") sticking out from the holes edges making the buttons to get stuck. I used my dremmel tool to get rid of them. After that it was perfect :-)

The Nava case has a smooth surface and that makes a difference I guess :-)
  • drifter7508 wrote:
    kacperpawluk wrote:Oh fuck... I will improve it for sure.

Yes, the holes are perfect, it's just that my case had small metal pieces (rough edges from the "punch outs") sticking out from the holes edges making the buttons to get stuck. I used my dremmel tool to get rid of them. After that it was perfect :-)
    Ok so it's problem with metal work and manufacture that i will change for next batch :)
    drifter7508 wrote:
    The Nava case has a smooth surface and that makes a difference I guess :-)
    That's what i mean :)
  • Mr. Meoff wrote:Tracking shows my enclosure has not left Poland as of 7/22... Any ideas how long it takes to the states? Anyone in the U.S. receive theirs yet? Maybe I need to be a little more patient. :|
    International Economy - North America in up to 6 weeks, got it. Can't wait!