TUTO: How to get a Full Yocto v1.0 Kit

Discuss Yocto construction and related issues
  • Bom seems to be good now except I believe you should need 29 22k resistors instead of 28. Only issue with getting the half kits as they are now sold in is the fact that you have to program the 1284 microprocessor yourself and the build guide hasn't been updated with instructions on that process.
  • There are 4 back ordered parts, two of which Mouser says will be fullfilled this week. The others aren't due for fullfillment until June. I originally tried to find some compatible parts on Mouser that weren't also back ordered,

581-CK05BX273K replaced with 80-C317C273K5R
    6x MLCC ceramic capacitor
    652-PEC16-4220FS0024 replaced with 652-PEC11R-4220K-S24
    1x 24 turn push encoder

I'm not an expert on parts so I'm not sure if these would really work, especially the push encoder. The capacitor I think is fine.

I googled around and ended up finding both exact parts on newark.com and instead ordered from there. Then added in a RasPi2 to justify the shipping being more than the parts :D
  • Best regards,
    e-licktronic
  • e-licktronic, this is excellent work and I believe it needs to be appreciated. Given the amount of gestures by brock, I believe mine will be redundant. I’m about to specified list from mouser. I must say this is the first time I’m ordering from there since I found out that they actually overcharge on some components. Usually I like ordering from Farnell because of their quick response and excellent service. If you have one on mouser, would be so kind as to share it with us.
  • Wow. That looks amazing.
  • I am wondering if there is another BOM file besides the one that is on Mouser. I am trying to put the trying to collect all of the parts from stores here in Taiwan. Ideally there would be a BOM that is separated by component type.
  • Recommend BOM changes (since I am stuffing one now)

220p: The parts in the mouser are 1000V, WAY too big, and the lead spacing is wrong. Recommend K221K15X7RF5TL2
    2.7n: The box 5mm spaced parts that are in there now are a nightmare to mount into 2.5mm spaced footprints, maybe QYX1H272KTP?
    1.8n: same (even worse considering their position) as the 2.7n. QYX1H182KTP?
    5.6n: QYX1H562KTP
  • All parts confirmed..
  • Thanks for that. Hopefully the BOM will be updated soon as I might be going down this route.

Appreciated..

Paul