TUTO: How to get a Full Yocto v1.0 Kit

Discuss Yocto construction and related issues
  • I've upgraded my Mouser BOM to include metal film resistors (1%) and longer life better quality electrolytics where appropriate.

Haven't built it yet but the BOM is here:

http://www.mouser.com/ProjectManager/Pr ... d35f8b5c07
  • mOBITh wrote:I've upgraded my Mouser BOM to include metal film resistors (1%) ..

Why? If you want the right sound, carbon is the way to go
  • e-licktronic wrote: EDIT: 06/25/15
    -Change 1uF 50V Panasonic electrolytic capacitor referency (out of stock) by Epcos/TDK
    -Replace 24 detents Bourns encoder (out of stock) by no detent bourns encoder.
    The 24-detent Bourns encoder are available and there are 2800 on hand.
    Which one is preferred and why?
  • wavydave wrote:The 24-detent Bourns encoder are available and there are 2800 on hand.

24-detent (2809 available): http://www.mouser.com/Search/ProductDet ... 4220FS0024
    No-detent (156 available): http://www.mouser.com/Search/ProductDet ... 4020FS0024

Which one is preferred and why?
    24-detent is better to use in roll mode. It's more accurate to choose roll scale. To adjust tempo, one detent equal one bpm.

Best regards,
    e-licktronic
    Best regards,
    e-licktronic
  • Multilayer Ceramic Capacitors MLCC - Leaded 220pF 50volts 10% X7R 2.5mm LS

Mouser Part No: 594-K221K15X7RF5TL2
    Availability: 0
    Estimated Dispatch Date: 29.10.2015
  • Hello to everybody I put KIT, Why discourage the use of metal resistances 1% I thought was better in fact more 'I also measured the condensers to have all the most' close as possible to the value marked. For example if you usually do not find the value I aveda even in 0.1% resistors.
    Tell me if you think I'm wrong because if the roland 808 did not measure each one played it slightly different is not it?
    And to know if you lose time checking values worth it or not what you think?
  • Don Solaris wrote:Multilayer Ceramic Capacitors MLCC - Leaded 220pF 50volts 10% X7R 2.5mm LS

Mouser Part No: 594-K221K15X7RF5TL2
    Availability: 0
    Estimated Dispatch Date: 29.10.2015
    Try 810-FK18C0G1H221J instead. It's a 5% tolerance C0G/NP0 so it's very temperature stable, has the same max voltage (that or more will be OK) and the same lead spacing.
  • Neurologik wrote:Hello to everybody I put KIT, Why discourage the use of metal resistances 1% I thought was better in fact more 'I also measured the condensers to have all the most' close as possible to the value marked. For example if you usually do not find the value I aveda even in 0.1% resistors.
    Tell me if you think I'm wrong because if the roland 808 did not measure each one played it slightly different is not it?
    And to know if you lose time checking values worth it or not what you think?
    1: The original used carbon resistors, Metal film won't hurt, but you'll end up with lower, perhaps too low noise. It's tricky, sometimes you don't want to use modern, "too good" components. It can sound too clean or stiff. My 9090 with all metal film resistors sounds *very* clean, but I like that.

2: Measuring stuff isn't a waste of time if you want to make sure you place the right stuff on the PCB before soldering. Measuring lots of resistors in order to pick the ones closest to the nominal design value only makes sense if what you're building calls for high precision matched parts. Sometimes those are needed, like matched transistors, but then it should say so.
  • With the explanation Joselito fact then the trendiest way to use them in type TTHS clone of 2600 has indeed transistor coupled with resistance Tempco ....
    Then you say to the Yocto not worth it ........
    Good evening