+5V rail varies with accent pot?

Discuss Yocto construction and related issues
  • The alternatives I can think of are

1. Nothing is wrong, it is just the regulator that doesn't "work" without load (not sure if +5V has load before building sequencer step?)
    2. Something is wrong with LM2596 (or components around it). I Can probably check this by using a lab PSU instead of the PSU board?
    3. Something is wrong with accent section, but it seems unlikely to me that this would cause the 5V regulator to output wrong voltage?

Any ideas are very appreciated :) It doesn't stop me from finish all instruments, but I don't want to build the sequencer before knowing if this is a problem or not...

Thanks!
  • Dear Buffo,
    buffo wrote:1. Nothing is wrong, it is just the regulator that doesn't "work" without load (not sure if +5V has load before building sequencer step?)
    You're right.
    Test +5V again when your sequencer parts will be built.

Best regards,
    e-licktronic
    Best regards,
    e-licktronic
  • Thank you for your reply! I will test it again when sequencer is built :)
  • I'm having the exact same issue. +5v varies with accent pot prior to sequencer section build.

buffo - did it resolve itself once the sequencer was built? Or was there another solution?

Thanks!
  • For anyone having this issue - once the sequencer part is built this problem resolves itself and you should get a steady +5V.