[RESOLVED] High tom issue

Discuss Yocto construction and related issues
  • You can maybe try to re-flash the AtMega: viewtopic.php?f=17&t=180
  • Dear Juicyboy,

Your problem looks like your µC isn't working .
    Check C1 and C2 value. It should be 22p and not 220p (221).

Best regards,
    e-licktronic
    Best regards,
    e-licktronic
  • I may have been the source of this error. I 'helped' out juicyboy in the last building stages of the project.
    One thing i did was prepare the components for the sequencer, i've probably misread the cap values for the quarz caps, but apparently/hopefully it's now working?
    Maybe we hear from him after a few days after he's done playing with his yocto :)

Anyway, my whitnessing the last part of the build made me eager to start for myself and i now have a kit coming my way soon, so expect me on the forum in a little while with all the newbie mistakes :)
  • It was that the capasitors were wrong in the sequencer. They were in the hihat and I changed the capasitors and sequencer started to work. So I think that the clock (crystal) was not stable for the Atmega because of the wrong capasitors.

Now everything else works but the high tom.
    I can hear a little noise everytime the high tom gets triggered.
    If I swith it to maracas I'm not hearing a thing. What would be the most likely to be wrong in my high tom? Short in the switch?
  • I just had the other end of the resistor R285 soldered to some hole that it should not have been soldered (to the left from the other end). God damn these rookie mistakes. But it's all good. Now I have great sounding working Yocto!
    Last edited by juicyboy on Jan 8th, '15, 11:31, edited 1 time in total.
  • congratulations!

how long time it took you to complete it?
    (Ive just done master)
  • tomektowski wrote:congratulations!

how long time it took you to complete it?
    (Ive just done master)
    It took a while, but I did one drum sound per evening (2-3 hours). So I think all and all it took over 50 hours. I honestly did not count.