Front Panel Express enclosure.

Discuss Yocto construction and related issues
  • I never used their software before so it's a bit difficult to check all the alignments, but all the cutouts look correct. If you copied everything straight from the ai file from e-lick, all dimensions should be correct too, the only thing you need to make sure of is that the holes on the IO plate are aligned in the same way to the face plate as in the ai file for the acrylic case. Otherwise you will end up having to put lateral stress on the flat cables to get the IO board to fit.

One thing I didn't understand though is why your front and back plates are 14.2 mm wider than your face plate. Is this to accommodate the side profiles you mentioned?
  • Yes, that is to accommodate the side profiles.

I will have to double check allignment of the back plate holes to make sure there is no stress on the ribbon cable.
  • ElSchtroumpf wrote:I never used their software before so it's a bit difficult to check all the alignments, but all the cutouts look correct. If you copied everything straight from the ai file from e-lick, all dimensions should be correct too, the only thing you need to make sure of is that the holes on the IO plate are aligned in the same way to the face plate as in the ai file for the acrylic case. Otherwise you will end up having to put lateral stress on the flat cables to get the IO board to fit.

One thing I didn't understand though is why your front and back plates are 14.2 mm wider than your face plate. Is this to accommodate the side profiles you mentioned?
    Are you planning on doing another run of your enclosure?