Only the right half works...

Discuss Yocto construction and related issues
  • Dear Touchmonkey,

Have a look on the 4pos Molex cables sometimes they break due to moving the two circuits.
    I hope this is just a cable problem ;)

Best regards,
    e-licktronic
    Best regards,
    e-licktronic
  • Thanks for your response. I will check and get back to you.
  • Hi,
    Finally got a chance to work on it.

I checked the Molex cables and they appear to be ok. I also went through and checked all the voltages of the instruments and they're fine except the accent which was reading 1.8 volts. But I feel like that is a separate issue? I don't know if the voltage matters in this case but I don't really know what else to do. Can you give me some suggestions on what to test or look for? thank you!!!

billy
  • Dear Touchmonkey,
    except the accent which was reading 1.8 volts. But I feel like that is a separate issue?
    Did you replace the 4011 in the accent section, if not do it ?

Best regards,
    e-licktronic
    Best regards,
    e-licktronic
  • That did it! I also had a bad IC in for my rimshot but it works. Thanks so much!!! :P

My only issue left is that the OH decay time doesn't work. I just have a fixed sound. Any ideas?

thanks again!
  • Maybe just check that ClosedHH is not muting OpenHH decay by being on the same (actived) step in the sequencer.
  • It's not that I'm testing with just the OH running by itself. Any other thoughts?

thanks.
  • Jumping in on this thread as I have the same two problems - Decay time on the OH and only cymbals working, (hopefully to be fixed in the same way as the OP :) )