Handclap sounds distorted [SOLVED]

Discuss Yocto construction and related issues
  • Probably a redundant question, but have you calibrated the clap?
  • I had some tries, if I turn TM3 FCCW I can hear a really short clap with no reverb at all ("clap"... noise modulated in some way), if a turn TM3 FCW I can hear a continuous noise and a "clap" when I trigger it.

I did calibrate the noise section 2 times, the first time with a sound card which was calibrated on the voltage scale with and oscilloscope (10V squarewave), and then with with a Multimeter with VAC function "true RMS".

I have to do the tests on the 6912, then I'll post the results
  • hello. at the moment. my clap sounds like that : http://www.mediafire.com/listen/v1zb3tv ... -YOCTO.wav
    what about you? I can't manage to get a better sound; it's very "high frequencyish" unlike the 808 clap wich does have mids.
  • hello everybody,

my issue is resolved, actually ther was no issue at all.

After holidays i just cabled from scratch all the testing wires and the clap was working fine.
    I didn't even touched the trimmer and everything was fine.
    While calibrating TM3 I managed to reproduce the same distorted sound I was used to hear, but ranging arund 6 vpp everyhing is fine.

Probably, since I'm using an audio card with balanced connection to trigger the instruments, I was using the cold wire instead of the hot wire...

About toosmoothchrist issue, correct me if I'm wrong, there is a bandpass filter in the HC section... maybe some wrong caps or resistors changed the filter frequency ?
    The filtered WN is the base of the HC, if the bandpass filter is wrong you will hear higher or lower frequencies...
  • thank you, I'm gonna look on that side.. could you please upload a quick audio clip of your clap? just to compare !!