Ground loop between signal and PSU ground on the main board?

Discuss Yocto construction and related issues
  • e-licktronic wrote: ...
    In the Yocto there are two separate grounds too who also join in the power connector. Trig out Hum problem comes from that the trig ground is common with digital ground and not with analog ground. But it can be solve with using cable without the ground connected.
    We will make a tutoriel how to modify the IO board to solve Trig OUT Hum problem without using non-connected ground cables.
    Best regards,
    e-licktronic
    I've started using the yocto in my home studio and notice a ground loop like sound from my 909 when connecting din-sync out from the yocto.
    Would you suggest isolating all outputs on the digital board from ground (make them float) to adress this issue?
  • Is there a PDF copy of the PCB's available?

I would love to look over the the ground plane issues before completely dropping the scratch.

Never Mind, found the files.. Let me see what It looks like
  • So glad I found this.

I simply cut the ground on a cheap HOSA 1/4 cable on both jack ends. Works a charm!

I am not skilled enough to do any modifications (bought this pre-built), so thanks a million for the cable trick! The YOCTO is dead silent now triggering my SH-101.

PRAISE THE SUN!
  • Kazper wrote:Is there a PDF copy of the PCB's available?

I would love to look over the the ground plane issues before completely dropping the scratch.

Never Mind, found the files.. Let me see what It looks like
    just adding this here:
    viewtopic.php?f=16&t=909
    Get the latest unofficial Yocto V1 firmware here.
    Be sure to check the revised manual.
    Leave your comments in this thread.