S-TRIG

Discuss Yocto construction and related issues
  • any help with yocto2.0-Vtrig.syx from this thread would be welcome.
    using this firmware, you loose the Midi clock sync of the "Pt MidiS" menu on the Yocto. Moreover, TRIG1 becomes regular V-Trig whereas TRIG2 stands as an hybrid V-Trig (observing it on the oscilloscope shows very fast spikes at 0V when the whole signal tends to be +5V, like a S-Trig).

revert back to yocto2.0.syx solves the midi sync but you get STrig on TRIG1 and TRIG2 :/
    thanks in advance
  • My trigger outputs (1 & 2, don't have the third trigger wired yet) both also put out S-trigs. I'm running them to Blacet Bargraph LED meters and the voltage stays high at 5v until it receives the trigger, at which point it briefly drops to zero.

It looks like this has been officially recognized as being normal behavior by the manufacturer, as the manual states:
    "2 Trigs Output (5V S-trig ~1ms) that allow you to trig a external instrument (a optional third Trig OUT are present on the IO Board)"

Has there been a real solution for this yet? It sounds like there should be a software fix but, as of the last post in this thread, it looks like it hasn't happened yet... can anyone confirm?

Also, is 1 ms correct hold time for the trigger? That seems incredibly short. The original 808 trigger outs were 15v 20ms.
  • pulse_divider wrote:My trigger outputs (1 & 2, don't have the third trigger wired yet) both also put out S-trigs. I'm running them to Blacet Bargraph LED meters and the voltage stays high at 5v until it receives the trigger, at which point it briefly drops to zero.

It looks like this has been officially recognized as being normal behavior by the manufacturer, as the manual states:
    "2 Trigs Output (5V S-trig ~1ms) that allow you to trig a external instrument (a optional third Trig OUT are present on the IO Board)"

Has there been a real solution for this yet? It sounds like there should be a software fix but, as of the last post in this thread, it looks like it hasn't happened yet... can anyone confirm?

Also, is 1 ms correct hold time for the trigger? That seems incredibly short. The original 808 trigger outs were 15v 20ms.
    Anyone? I'm hesitant to kludge a hardware fix when it's a software issue.
  • Gonna keep bumping until I get an answer... has or will this be fixed with a software revision?
  • pulse_divider wrote:Gonna keep bumping until I get an answer... has or will this be fixed with a software revision?
    This problem will be fixed in the updated firmware.
    Will be ready with the new batch (December the 1th)

Best regards,
    e-licktronic
    Best regards,
    e-licktronic
  • Excellent, thanks for the response!
  • I'm also eager to get this fixed. Getting ground noise from the trig outputs and both are s-trig. I'm able to work around it but would be nice to send the trig directly from Yocto to other machines.
  • Is the firmware update available yet? :)
  • Looking forward to this, as it's my only complaint about an otherwise wonderful project.
    Any news?