I need some help fault finding my Yocto.

Discuss Yocto construction and related issues
  • bumpy bump bump
  • Dear Craigwilliammusic,

BD issue: it's capacitor polarity that you need to check
    Clap/maraccas issue: Desolder R377 and tell me if you still have constant noise ? if yes i think Q70 is dead
    HitHat/Cymbal: check noise on U3 Pin6, pin 7 with a old headphone.

It's pretty hard to debugg your Yocto without a scope. I think you need to try a friend who can help you.

Best regards,
    e-licktronic
    Best regards,
    e-licktronic
  • e-licktronic wrote:Dear Craigwilliammusic,

Clap/maraccas issue: Desolder R377 and tell me if you still have constant noise ? if yes i think Q70 is dead

It's pretty hard to debugg your Yocto without a scope. I think you need to try a friend who can help you.

Best regards,
    e-licktronic
    thanks mate ill check these. I do have a scope and for some parts I have been going to a friend who repairs synths
    for a living. The is by no means my first electronics project, I built over 50% of my eurorack modular system.
    I just figured that you would know the circuit inside and out and it would be faster and smarter going to you for advice.

:D :D :D :D :D :D
  • e-licktronic wrote:Dear Craigwilliammusic,

BD issue: All the caps are the correct way I even re flowed some of the points to make sure they are ok still no change to the decay.

Clap/maraccas issue: I desoldered R377 and the white noise was still there. So i then went and desoldered Q70 and tested it and it was fine but to make sure I put a new part in Q70 and there was still no change.
  • bumpy bump bump
  • Dear craigwilliammusic,

Sorry but i don't have any idea why your BD is still not working.
    Clap/marracas: There are 3 noise sources on the Clap who comes from R376 (clap verb), R377 (maracas ), R378 (delayed noise).

Noise come from either R376 (VCA verb, Q70) or R378 (delayed noise in BA6110 VCA).
    Try to know which one is faulty

Best regards,
    e-licktronic
    Best regards,
    e-licktronic
  • thanks matey ill get cracking
  • Did you find any issue ?

Best regards,
    e-licktronic
    Best regards,
    e-licktronic
  • I am currently working on the cymbal section.
    I'm at the stage of vérifictaion tension P4558C.
    Measured voltage for U3:-15.00V and +14.63 V :)
    Measured voltage for U5: +14.11 V and-14.38V :(

Have you an idea of the problem?