cowbell sound problem, not the right 808 sound

Discuss Yocto construction and related issues
  • @seven
    Thanks for your reply but as I wrote above I already cheanged the resitors R44 to 100k and R45 to 68k and I still cannot get a clean Cis out of TR1.
    So I'd like to know what I can do to to extend the range of TM 1 even more?!
  • ...is there anybody who can help to resolve the issue? E-Lictronic? It is much appreciated!!
  • Check Mate wrote:...is there anybody who can help to resolve the issue? E-Lictronic? It is much appreciated!!
    Could you post a sound card oscilloscope screen shoot of your measurement?

Best regards,
    e-licktronic
    Best regards,
    e-licktronic
  • Hello, seems to have the same problem, i already changed R44 and R45, i tried after osc mesurement to make it by ear, and it seems that TM1 range, isn t large enough to reach the 808 cowbell sound...Do you have an idea?, is it possible to replace R44 with a lower resistor than 100k ?Or the problem could be something else?
    thanks!
  • Hi Guys,

Patrick was so kind and exchanged Resistor R44 with a Trimmer set to 50k.
    I was able to tune my Cowbell to the exact tune of an original 808 (Db / Ab).
    With changing Resistor R44 to 50k you should get the same result.
    Best,
    CM
    Last edited by Check Mate on Jul 20th, '14, 07:57, edited 1 time in total.
  • Here's the link to the sound:
  • Check Mate wrote:Hi Guys,

Patrick was so kind and exchanged Resistor R44 with a Trimmer set to 50k.
    I was able to tune my Cowbell to the exact tune of an original 808 (Db / Ab).
    With changing Resistor R44 to 50k you should get the same result.
    Best,
    CM

I have the same issue with the Cowbell in my Yocto. I would like to know:

1) Was the Resistor on R44 faulty? Do you have a replacement (or new) part number?
    2) Can I still use the existing Trimmer or is it required to buy a new one as well? Part number?
    3) Did you revert R45 back to the original Resistor or does that need to be 68k for this to work?

Thanks,
    Mark
  • I just tried with a 47 kohm resistors att R44.... (Earlier 68 kohm)..

Still sounds noooothing like my real tr-808. First the Yocto then the 808.

https://soundcloud.com/lostyears/cowbel ... to/s-M757m

So what do I do now?
  • Changed the Q1 +Q5 transistors to new ones, still the same. (Have no clue what I'm doing)
    What next?