Sequencer/midi not working

Discuss Yocto construction and related issues
  • After some rest I came back to it and found that I can set the midi notes in expander mode and trigger the voices from my computer but all the internal sequencer modes seem a bit buggy - their default setting is with all the drum voices being triggered on each step. I can deselect them with the sequencer but when. I go back to pattern mode, my changes are gone and all voices on all steps are being triggered again.

I'm glad I can at least sequence it from my computer and, apart from the hats and cymbal (I need to have a look inside again), the unit sounds absolutely amazing.

Do you think I could reload the software via sysex in order to unbugger the sequencer? It seems that it can run and can trigger voices, just not in the way it is intended to.

- Dilli
  • Dear Dilli,

Please check all sequencer parts position. Maybe you got ICs in a wrong way or diodes.
    Here the Hex file if you want to Upload it again.
    Downloaded 502 times
    Do you have some picture of your built?

Best regards,
    e-licktronic
    Best regards,
    e-licktronic
  • Thanks for your reply.

I tried reloading the firmware but it bricked the yocto! Now I can't do anything with it and I'm extremely sad and angry. It loaded the sysex, then all the LEDs flashed twice and then nothing. I tried loading it again, but still nothing.

Please help!!!!!!!

- Dilli
  • Also, I did check the parts in the sequencer. All components are in the right way and all the solder joints are clean. It really seems like a firmware/eprom issue to me. Even before it bricked up, it seemed like the machine was carrying bad data, and not saving any new data.

Do you think it could be solved with new microcontroller and/or eprom chips?

- Dilli
  • Dear Dilli,

To uplaod the firmware you have to proceed like that:
    -Turn Off your Yocto
    -Push step button 1, 3 and 5 together
    -Turn On Yocto while holding threes buttons.
    -Leds will blink two times
    -Then send Sysex via MidiOX or an other MIDI sysex sender.
    -Leds will show you Upload progress.

Is it what you did?

Best regards,
    e-licktronic
    Best regards,
    e-licktronic
  • Yes, that's exactly what I did.

Now, if I hold down steps 1, 3 and 5 while I turn turning the machine on, it still appears to enter sysex mode and when i send the file with MIDIOX the LEDs light up as if it's receiving data but as soon as the transfer finishes, all the LEDs turn off and the unit remains unresponsive in all modes.

Any ideas?