Is the Trigger a clone of the 808 trigger too?

Discuss Yocto construction and related issues
  • Dear 4teenth,

We didn't try it. Trig out send a 1ms pulse like on original Tr808. I think it will work.
    Advise us about that .

Best regards,
    Vincent
    Best regards,
    e-licktronic
  • e-licktronic wrote:Dear 4teenth,

We didn't try it. Trig out send a 1ms pulse like on original Tr808. I think it will work.
    Advise us about that .

Best regards,
    Vincent
    Well, I'm a way off being able to test that, but as soon as I work through troubleshooting my finished but non-working Yocto I'll give it a go :)
  • If the trigger outputs as audio like the original 808; then it might tempting to make use of the Trig 3 output. Perhaps it could be mixed into the audio with the other instruments via a level pot?
  • bump.. whats the point if you aint got the trigger zap!
  • Hi ! My great sounding yocto don't produce the zap sound on the trigger outputs ;) too bad, any setting or change to have it react the same way as a 808 ? :?:

Regards,
    Last edited by Linn808 on Oct 20th, '14, 02:39, edited 1 time in total.
  • The original 808 gives a 20 millisecond 15 volt V-trig.
    The Yocto outputs a 1 ms S-trig according to the manual and I've measured it at around 5 volts.
    So the answer is no, they are not at all alike.
    If you look at the S-trig thread (currently a couple of threads down) it says there was a software fix but people reported it didn't work properly.
    I've been asking over there if and when there will be a fix, but I haven't gotten an answer yet.
    I can deal with the lower voltage but it would be really nice if it was fixed to behave like a real 808 trigger.
  • Thank you , I'm reading the other thread in parallel now, very informative. To be followed then.
    Best regards
  • http://youtu.be/LsaCl_7J7-I

http://youtu.be/LsaCl_7J7-I[/video]
    This how my trigger 2 sounds , would like to have it in a higher pitch, possible ?