Low Tom Issue [SOLVED]

Discuss Yocto construction and related issues
  • Dear kluber,

Sorry for my late answer.
    Do you have an oscilloscope to check Low tom signal?

Best regards,
    e-licktronic
    Best regards,
    e-licktronic
  • Hey Vincent,
    Yes I do own one but not sure it's calibrated.
    I have a motu sound card which has a digital oscilloscope option.
    I don't know how the LT/LC got faulty cause I didn't do anything to this section...
    The sound of this instrument is played through the LT output and the master output though.
    The sound is just very quite and not "full".
    I might go buy some components to day such as transistor, IC and diodes and switch them on the board.
    Anyway, what should I do with my oscilloscope Vincent? How to proceed?
    Cheers!
  • Hey Kluber,

From your description of events I would check that your jumper leads are still intact and firmly soldered. If you worked on the mods after completing your Yocto all the moving around may have broken a link. It has happened to me in the past on a similar project and certainly worth checking.
  • From your description of events I would check that your jumper leads are still intact and firmly soldered. If you worked on the mods after completing your Yocto all the moving around may have broken a link. It has happened to me in the past on a similar project and certainly worth checking.
    Great idea !!
    Best regards,
    e-licktronic
  • I will give it a try for sure!
    Thanks for the tip! ;)

PS: LFO2VCO I will send you mail shortly I've managed to make the JX3P mostly works with CTRLR. :mrgreen:
  • Hey people!
    So I've checked the jumper and it does work.
    I've uploaded a sample on my soundcloud account so you can have a listen of what's going on with the Low Tom.

You can hear the LowTom/LowConga and the MidTom to compare with.

Here are the settings of each drum:

Low Tom / Low Conga
    -Level at 10 (assuming Level starts at 0 and ends at 10)
    -Tune at 5 (assuming Tune starts at 0 and ends at 10)
    Mid Tom / Mid Conga
    -Level at 5
    -Tune at 5

https://soundcloud.com/kluber/lowtom-issue

It begins with the le Low Conga and the Mid Conga playing
    Then the Low Conga playing alone during some bars.
    Then I switched them to Low Tom and Mid Tom with the same settings.

From what I understand, the Low Tom is two sounds in one. So it must be two paths (one for the LT and the other one for le LC). But each sound should be made with two signals: LT : one vco and some noise through an envelope. LC: one vco through an envelope. Am I right?
    Something is missing with the Tom not sure what. And the Conga is quite fine (isn't it?) but very quiet...

Someone?

;)
  • kluber wrote: PS: LFO2VCO I will send you mail shortly I've managed to make the JX3P mostly works with CTRLR. :mrgreen:
    Hey good news about the JX3P :D
    Sorry I can’t be of more help with your Tom issue :(
  • Dear Kluber,

Your Soundclouth link is not working or not in public access.

Best regards,
    e-licktronic
    Best regards,
    e-licktronic
  • It should work by now! Sorry for that! ;)