Finished assembly, but not working..

Discuss Yocto construction and related issues
  • A quick inspect of the sockets for the EEprom and the main IC seemed to show some bad solder joints. I just quickly went around with the soldering iron and I'm now back to having the first 7 step LEDS lit up (Which I think I had before)

The EEPROM was quite warm.. :?
    Last edited by 4teenth on Feb 19th, '14, 21:51, edited 1 time in total.
  • Are all solderpoints ok ?

By zoom in your picture .... i see some bridges..
    But maybe is the picture quality not good enough.
  • Where is your tempo pot ?
  • Patrick wrote:Where is your tempo pot ?
    That's what I thought when I came to solder it :shock:
  • Dear 4teenth,

Was the encoder missing on your kit?

Best regards,
    e-licktronic
    Best regards,
    e-licktronic
  • e-licktronic wrote:Dear 4teenth,

Was the encoder missing on your kit?

Best regards,
    e-licktronic
    It seems so - I arranged all the smaller components, such as resistors and capacitors etc for each part (Using the 'stuck onto a sheet of paper' method suggested by someone else on this forum), but I did not do that for the larger items. Fairly sure I'd not opened the bag with the encoders in, and I can't see it in the area that I was working in...
  • Sooo, after a long break, I decided to have another look and see if I could see where the problem lies.

I found a couple of bad solder joints on the step button LEDs, and also one completely unsoldered pin on the main IC :oops:

And, of course I am still missing the tempo pot - I am about to contact you regarding how to go about getting another one.

With these soldered, I now get, mainly, the first 8 LEDs all lit up.

If I hold step buttons 1,3 and 5 (to do a sysex software update) while switching the Yocto on, I see all the LEDs flash very briefly, but the 1st 8 remain on.

Is there anything else I should try, or just wait until I've soldered in the tempo pot?

Thanks,

Mark
  • Dear 4teenth,

Vincent sent you a PM for the encoder.

Best regards
    e-licktronic
    Best regards,
    e-licktronic
  • Thankyou, we'll get it working eventually :)