Exploring other enclosure options.

Discuss Yocto construction and related issues
  • +1 on this enclosure - I've finally got my Yocto to make some noise at least.... 8-)
  • ElSchtroumpf wrote:Also, I apparently suck at math, the price per enclosure would be around 100-110€ instead of the 130€ I mentioned earlier - depending on the size of the order. :lol:
    You can count me in, for the enclosure.

Anyway, since the Yocto kits will be here in about a week i'm sure there will be many others interested.

If you want i could run a small promo on the Gearslutz forum about it.

The more of us order the less it will cost. So we all benefit!!
  • If he is not up for doing another enclosure run, i've been looking at other feasible options.

I used the layout files on the forums here to mock up a full enclosure using Front Panel Express.(minus a bottom cover as i can have that made locally for much less. Just needs to be a 1.5mm piece of metal cut to size).

these are the files I've come up with. If someone could look over them to see if they think anything is wrong, i would appreciate the feedback as this is the first time I've made an enclosure from them.

I chose black anodized so it should look similar to the Acidlab Miami, but i think i am using the taller side profile from the miami. Internal depth of the enclosure is 48mm. Looks like it should all fit but it will be tight.

https://onedrive.live.com/redir?resid=9 ... lder%2crar

Any feedback would be nice.
  • Yes I am also still interested, I am just like ELSCHTROUMPF located in Belgium. I need to contact the company that made those boxes, it is not nearby where I live but I would like to cooperate on getting decent shielded boxes out. I need 2 enclosures myself. I am very excited for the new batch that's coming...
  • It's nice to see so much interest in my little project. As for a new batch of enclosures, I'd advise everyone to have a little patience. There might be some good news once the new Yocto kits arrive.
  • sounds good
  • Hi all. I'm about to order a Yocto and would love one of these cases - look forward to the good news soon!
  • just ordered my Yocto, put me down for one case please
  • Put me down for an enclosure as well.