Exploring other enclosure options.

Discuss Yocto construction and related issues
  • I'm also keen, but wondering whether the UK power supply is going to fit..

http://www.esr.co.uk/electronics/powers ... plugac.htm
  • @ElSchtroumpf

Please confirm 2pcs of mine.
    I like a switch & c14 socket for wall wart.
    Now still I'm trying pm.

thanks
  • To clarify the power supply options, there will be cutouts for the 15VAC socket that comes with the yocto kit. In addition there will be 2 extra cutouts, one for the switch and one for the C14 socket. I will provide the switch and the C14 socket if you want one.

This Sunday I will have the files for the new design as well as the cutouts on the back. I will post them then, it will be a lot clearer than trying to explain it. When I meet up with the guys from the factory I will ask them if it will be possible to do 2 runs, one with switch+C14, and one with the standard cutout for the 15VAC socket. But I doubt this will be feasible, in which case I will try to close the extra holes in a way that's esthetically pleasing. :mrgreen:

Also, if anyone is interested, have a look at facim.be or do a google image search for Sherman Filterbank to get an idea of the level of quality we can (hopefully) be expecting!

I'm on holidays for the next few days so communication will be limited!
  • Ok ElSchtroumpf, i understand, in that case i like a switch & c14 socket for wall wart please.
    K.
  • @ ElSchtroumpf, PM sent.
    K.
  • I added you as a friend then went to the pm bit of my user control panel there you can create a new message, probably don't need to add you as a friend just need the username.

Ah I see, I wont need a c14 as I will probably just use a standard wallwart as I dont know anything about adding the psu internally. Unless anyone has a guide about the internal psu method?
    I will have a switch though please

Thanks
  • @ElSchtroumpf
    I'm also interested in an enclosure with switch and c14 socket. I will try to send you a pm asap with my details.

Regarding covering the cutouts, what if the manufacturer did'nt cut and remove the metal from the cutout completely but leave a tiny bit, just enough to keep the metal still in place? If you know what I mean? Then whoever want to install the switch and/or the socket provided could just clear the cutout themselves. Should be possible but just an idea tho...

Anyways, thank you for your work and effort so far, greatly appreciated :)
  • @ ElSchtroumpf
    I'm also interested in your enclosure.
    I tryed to PM you but wasn't allowed to. Hope it will be ok.
  • How many messages should we make in the forum to be able to send PM ?