Exploring other enclosure options.

Discuss Yocto construction and related issues
  • @rv0 - Yes, on the render the font for the sound name boxes looks rather thin, I will try to get closer to the 808's design for this. I would also make the difference between the bold and regular letters more obvious, like on the original, it's much clearer there.

@e-licktronic - Thanks for the info and the compliment!

I will be pretty busy this week, I will probably only have the finished design by Sunday evening. I have an appointment with the company on Tuesday 8 of April. We will go over the design, cutouts and print and give the green light for production. They have a 25 day turnover, so don't expect your enclosure before May!

I just went over the thread and I have counted 13 people interested, for a total of 15 enclosures. Here's the list :

- lsdave
    - 4teenth
    - 8bit
    - gajimicu
    - jakeE
    - Revok
    - kroutshev
    - fredp
    - Keen (2x)
    - rv0 (2x?)
    - bramsluiter
    - 80sboy
    - quadram

Could you please confirm by sending me your contact information (email + full address) via pm, and specify whether you will need a switch and/or a C14 socket. Based on the number of people who actually want one, I will decide on a 10 or 20 unit order. If I can order 20 units the price will be a little lower, since there are some one time only costs. Once I've placed the order I will contact everyone and provide you with your price including shipping!

Also, I apparently suck at math, the price per enclosure would be around 100-110€ instead of the 130€ I mentioned earlier - depending on the size of the order. :lol:
  • Hello EIStroumpf,

please count me in for the enclosure!!! I really want want to by it.
    Thank you
  • To Belbo and to anyone else who wants one, PM me your info, and whether you need a switch and/or a C14 connector!
  • Unfortunately the PM function is not working for me, I don´t know why. We can try that you send me a PM or a mailadress,
    or you send me a message to h_busse@gmx.de
    Best
  • @ElSchtroumpf Hi I definitely still want one but I am also having a problem pm'ing you. Forgive my stupidity but what is a c14 socket?
    Thanks
  • Hmmm, also cannot pm yet... (maybe after this post?)

But count me in!

From Amsterdam... will try to sort the pm thing out...
  • I hope everyone gets the pm problems sorted out, apparently JakeE got his to work. Did you do anything special?

A C14 socket is your basic AC mains input socket. The one I will install in the case if you want one looks a lot like this : http://ecx.images-amazon.com/images/I/4 ... SY300_.jpg
  • Hi,
    about PM restriction, it seems that poeple who havn't enough post on the forum can't use mail functionnality !
    I've got a question about c14 socket, i use this kind of power supply Image

the socket is not the same as the one you show on your last post ? For yours you have to integrate the power supply into the case ?
    Thanks for your informations.
    K.
  • kroutshev wrote:Hi,
    about PM restriction, it seems that poeple who havn't enough post on the forum can't use mail functionnality !
    I've got a question about c14 socket, i use this kind of power supply Image

the socket is not the same as the one you show on your last post ? For yours you have to integrate the power supply into the case ?
    Thanks for your informations.
    K.
    If I'm understanding correct, you can use this or you can use the other one (transformer inside closure) with this closure.