Noise section trimmer voltage?

Discuss Yocto construction and related issues
  • What are some of your guys voltages on pin 2 and 3 of the opamp?
  • seems like i had a bad q35. I replaced it with another NPN with the same ECB pinout and now i get between 200-750mV. I'm going to play with R127 now to see if i can get it to 130mV.
  • 27kOhm at R127 did the trick for me.
  • Is it ok to trim after building the whole kit or does it put a load on it so it shows different values? My guess is it should be ok but Im not 100% sure...
  • jooks wrote:Is it ok to trim after building the whole kit or does it put a load on it so it shows different values? My guess is it should be ok but Im not 100% sure...
    I built the whole kit before calibrating anything. I had to change R127 to get the correct voltage but now everything sounds fine.
  • ElSchtroumpf wrote:
    jooks wrote:Is it ok to trim after building the whole kit or does it put a load on it so it shows different values? My guess is it should be ok but Im not 100% sure...
    I built the whole kit before calibrating anything. I had to change R127 to get the correct voltage but now everything sounds fine.
    Thanks for confirming!
  • jmx303 wrote:Just another question for clarification, as I am also measuring approximately 260mV at least (and I am absolutely sure that I did not pick the wrong parts (R127 is 4.7k for now):

Is it really correct to change R127 already now to 47k, at this point, even if the Noise part is the only part finished so far (besides the Power Supply of course)? Wouldn't the value measured change under load (i.e. if the rest of circuits are finished)? In that case I would continue building the rest first and check again at the end. But if I am getting this wrong and the value does not change under load, it would make sense to change the value now.

When did you guys change your R127? Right at the point you measured for the first time or after everything was built?

How should I proceed?

Cheers,

jmx.
    How did it go with this jmx? I'm getting similar readings. 260mv rms on expensive mm but 130mv in AC mode on cheap mm with R127 value of 47K. Don't want to get too bogged down with this so early in the build.

jon
  • Hi there,

I've been trying hard to get this 130mV RMS, but the best I can do is...lower : 80mV at best, which is not enough sound-wise.
    To get as high as 80mV I shorted R127 and TM4 (other values only get me lower). I also tried other 2SC828 without success.

What should I try now ? Change R129/R130 ? Or maybe R131 ?

Thx.
  • Hi,

There was a modification on the original TR-808 which has not been respected in the Yocto. Have you tried it? It worked for me.

Replace R129 (330k) by a jumper (0) and replace R311 (330k) by a 100k. Also replace R127 (47k) by a 10u capacitor.

Have a look page 15 of the TR-808 service manual.