Noise section trimmer voltage?

Discuss Yocto construction and related issues
  • I got arround 250mV AC but have to check on monday with a better DMM with 6 digits 0.01% Tolerance.
    Most cheap dmm have in AC measurement a high Tolerance.
  • Dear,

Try to change R127 Value by 4.7Kohm.

Best regards,
    e-licktronic
    Best regards,
    e-licktronic
  • e-licktronic wrote:Try to change R127 Value by 4.7Kohm.
    Changing it to 18K seems to work. I guess the proof will be when it's all put together and I can do some audio tests.
  • Changing it to 18K seems to work. I guess the proof will be when it's all put together and I can do some audio tests.
    Glad to ear you say

Best regards,
    e-licktronic
    Best regards,
    e-licktronic
  • Hmm... The closest I could get it is 180mV...

Have I gone wrong somewhere? :oops:
  • Yes, i appears so : Wrong value caps in C16, 18, and 20 :oops:
  • Okay.... corrected my error but still can only get down to 160mV.. :?
  • Okay, just went through everything, tested all values of resistors and checked values of cpacitors. All good. So still confused as to why I'm getting a different minimum mV value.... :?
  • I too am having issues with trimming to the correct voltage on pin 1 of U24, the lowest I can get is about 250mV.

All components have been checked and rechecked and they appear to be correct.

However while checking for errors, I noticed that the resistor pictured for R127 does not match the one listed in the build guide. The image is of a 47K resistor as opposed to the listed 4K7 and due to my excessive voltage problem I'm wondering which value is correct? I currently have a 4K7 in R127.

Edit: I've just noticed that the original 808 schematic lists a 4K7 for R127, so that's likely the correct value (and the image must be mismatched). I'll have to look for the source of the problem elsewhere.