Acrylic Box and Schaeffer files

Discuss Yocto construction and related issues
  • Many thanks for the Schaeffer files.

I am planning to adapt the faceplates to fit a Schaeffer enclosure. Your files will simplify the process.
    Looking forward to receiving the kit and starting the build :D
  • Hello,

I am planning to order an acrylic box via Formulor for my Yocto. However, I am not sure how thick the material should be to be solid enough. Since I have not found any hint on the website or here in the forum, can you tell me what thickness is appropriate, also for the screws to fit? From the pictures of the prototype it looks to me like something in between 4 to 6 mm. Am I completely wrong?

Thank you very much. I am looking forward to my kit and the box! Seems like you did an amazing job with it. Keep it up!

Cheers,

jmx
  • Hi Guys,
    Is it necessary to have the acrylic box AND the shaeffer faceplate or is an acrylic case only enough?
    Cheers,
    Enrico
  • jmx303 wrote:Hello,

I am planning to order an acrylic box via Formulor for my Yocto. However, I am not sure how thick the material should be to be solid enough. Since I have not found any hint on the website or here in the forum, can you tell me what thickness is appropriate, also for the screws to fit? From the pictures of the prototype it looks to me like something in between 4 to 6 mm. Am I completely wrong?

Thank you very much. I am looking forward to my kit and the box! Seems like you did an amazing job with it. Keep it up!

Cheers,

jmx
    Hi JMX,

Looking at the Illustrator Template eps file for the Acrylic box (TR_808_clone_Virgin_v1.0b.eps), I believe the material should be 3mm thick.

The various sections use a key design to stay rigid against each other, I measured the depth of the female key as 3mm. But I stand to be corrected if someone has more insight into this matter.
  • Check Mate wrote:Hi Guys,
    Is it necessary to have the acrylic box AND the shaeffer faceplate or is an acrylic case only enough?
    Cheers,
    Enrico
    Hi Enrico,

I think I am correct in stating it is one of the other, you do not require both.
  • Hi and thanks!
    Concearning the thickness btw. the E-Lictronic guys confirmed that their box for experiments was indeed 3mm thick.
    I also ordered a 3mm thick case which was about 50€ incl. shipping costs here in Germany!
    Best,
    Enrico
  • I ordered my case from Ponoko here in the States ($58 USD) and it should arrive tomorrow (Jan. 9th).

The Yocto kit is still "getting ready to leave the country of origin" according to the Colissimo website tracking. It's been there over a week now. Hopefully soon…
    (The same thing happened when I ordered a Sonic Potions LXR kit this last summer; it was held up in the system for at least a week before it left Germany.)
  • I got the case from Ponoko today (protective sheet still covering the acrylic). It slides together beautifully. Now I just have to wait for the kit to arrive.
    image.jpg
    image.jpg (103.96 KiB)
    Viewed 18388 times
  • Dear effegee,

So beautiful in white :o :o . Which stuff did you use ?

Best regards,
    e-licktronic
    Best regards,
    e-licktronic