COCTEAU!!!! (mod PCB for your YOCTO 808 clone)

Discuss Yocto construction and related issues
  • Dudes

I got my case for a yocto 1 in October 2017.

It had some issues (no accent label on the front panel; just an empty space, the I/O holes were all too small and the screen print was coming off with my nail barely touching it)

I decided to live with this all, due partly to not wanting the hassle of sending it back and I felt it gave the box character.

However I am coming to the end of my build (I solder slow) and notice that the headers (that came already attached to the inside of the panel) for attaching the pcb to the panel have been glued or welded on so thick that the black sealant has gone into all the holes meaning the screws won’t go in.

Has this happened to anyone else?

I’m think of dremeling the tops off the headers and hoping that does it.

Any ideas?

Nearly there.
  • I got my enclosure back from Kacper, it's much, much better quality now. Not sure for the switch holes yet, I'll get a change to try it next week. I'll report back then.
  • Cocteau PCB ON-ON switches are still too tight to fit the enclosure. :? So, I guess it was just a re-paint, which is really much better. I'll start filing then, got to finish this thing now, it's been more than a year already :oops:
  • JanneI wrote:Cocteau PCB ON-ON switches are still too tight to fit the enclosure. :? So, I guess it was just a re-paint, which is really much better. I'll start filing then, got to finish this thing now, it's been more than a year already :oops:
    I contacted Kacper and asked regarding that issue. He suggested to cut wider holes with a dremel tool :?

I believe it's gonna be easier to find a replacement switch. Those SPDT slide switches from Autonomic Circuits are 12.5Lx6Wx6.5H mm and the width of the actuator (sliding knob) is ±3.7 mm — 3 mm wide actuator will fit.

Haven't had much time to look for the replacement yet though...
  • Any word on enclosures for this?
  • supervalued wrote:
    JanneI wrote:Cocteau PCB ON-ON switches are still too tight to fit the enclosure. :? So, I guess it was just a re-paint, which is really much better. I'll start filing then, got to finish this thing now, it's been more than a year already :oops:
    I contacted Kacper and asked regarding that issue. He suggested to cut wider holes with a dremel tool :?

I believe it's gonna be easier to find a replacement switch. Those SPDT slide switches from Autonomic Circuits are 12.5Lx6Wx6.5H mm and the width of the actuator (sliding knob) is ±3.7 mm — 3 mm wide actuator will fit.

Haven't had much time to look for the replacement yet though...
    GryphonP3 on MuffWiggler told that NKK CS12ANW03 fits better.

In looking at the technical sheet, the length of their travel would just do it good. But their width is near the same, so they could be as tight to move. This still resolves the shitty part of the build which is that if the original switch is not at its extreme position it doesn't do its job. So seems worth the 30 bucks.
  • Hi folks,
    I just started to assemble the Cocteau kit (prior to assembling the Yocto itself) and I just bumped into this switch issue.
    I think I'm going to try to dremel the switches' actuators and not the enclosure. Do you confirm that the issue is only the width, and that the length of the travel is OK with the kit DPDT switches? (seems to be alright)
    Cheers!
  • No the length is the worst...