COCTEAU!!!! (mod PCB for your YOCTO 808 clone)

Discuss Yocto construction and related issues
  • KlangGenerator wrote:What kind of jacks did you use for the RS2 and MA2 outputs? Those holes on the backside seem to be too big for the PJ301BM jacks.
    I didn't go until this part as I don't have the two MTA 2-pins connectors missing in the BOM first version and that it wouldn't be pratictal to solder cables instead while I will need to put the Cocteau in and out of the case a few times again. If there is enough room, let's enlarge holes and put 6.35 mm jacks maybe..?

EDIT: after looking more at it, it seems very unlikely to be able to put 6.35 mm jacks here... maybe the simpliest ones which aren't boxed could just fit... Or for 3.5 mm jacks we would have to use washers I think.
  • After having sand the on-off switches holes so they well travel until making contact, I now seem to have my Cocteau almost fully working (just miss the MA-CL-2 things). I also had to change the screws which hold the upper and lower parts of the case together for M4 ones.

It was a lot of job but now I can really appreciate the positive sides of this project, as no flaw (except scratches) persisted.
  • Anyone heard anything from Kacper? I received a case for the cocteau where the silk screen has basically crumbled even though I only stored it in a cupboard ahead of starting my build for x-mas holidays ... only noticed it late this November. Should I just give up and see if paypal perhaps can help with protection somehow?

note: I've had great experience with Kacper for the first set of enclosures, so hoping this is just something less serious in everyday life that has gotten between.
  • Need to re-silkscreen my enclosure as well. The paint rubs off with just a nail... Has anyone managed to hear from Kacper?
  • It would be great if somebody could supply an Cocteau case that fits well - switched etc - and is screened correctly.

I'm not sure how many folks are out there requiring this but it makes sense to do a head count in the hopes of getting as case-maker interested.

I would be up for one!
  • Ericasynth are doing this! I asked them few days ago on facebook and they confirmed it...
  • Sweet. thanks for the info, much appreciated.

N
  • Great news!!!
  • Anyone heard from Kacper? Who is this friend Tomek? Anyway to get in touch with him? I'd like to know what's going on with the re-paints. If it's not going to happen, I'd like to get my enclosure back. This is not really about money... more about to be able to finish this build, even with not-so-perfect enclosure. Help, anyone?