COCTEAU!!!! (mod PCB for your YOCTO 808 clone)

Discuss Yocto construction and related issues
  • I wonder if there will be a second batch of theses? I would love to build one but missed the first opportunity. :o
  • I would love to get an enclosure for my cocteau modded yocto too! <3
  • I well received my repainted Cocteau enclosure back and yes the new silkscreen is good enough. While not seeming as strong and shiny compared to the one on ElSchtroumpf and Happy Mum enclosures, it doesn't wear off when touching it, is pretty precise/hi resolution and the positioning, while not being perfect between layers/colors, well matches the holes, all those having been issues about the last paint.

Otherwise there are a few wears on the metal but I will take it like that. Let's say those could be the kind I would have done myself with the time...

BUT there is an issue... as mentioned by Jannel before, the big on-off Cocteau switches can't go accross their holes. Their width is 3.9 mm and the holes width is 3.7 to 3.8 mm. Also their travel takes 6 mm and the holes are like 5.7 mm long. Let's sand the holes sides.

EDIT: OK, holes sides sanded for width just until removing paint and that fits. It seems that it is not necessary to sand for the length.

Last remaining issue is the I/O board's jacks, LEDs and screws holes which are too tight. Let's enlarge holes.

Still thanks Kacper and Effegee.
  • My Cocteau enclosures arrived today as well.

I can confirm the issue with the hole widths... Instead of sanding the holes I filed the switch shafts with a Dremel tool. They now fit perfectly inside the holes.

But the paint quality is still far from perfect (almost no difference to the first run). It's still very easy to scratch the paint off when touching it with my finger nails. It accidentaly happened to me when placing the board into the case. Not nice, but no more nerves to deal with this again.
  • KlangGenerator wrote:It's still very easy to scratch the paint off when touching it with my finger nails.
    Oh really... clearly not on mine.
  • gihaume wrote:
    KlangGenerator wrote:It's still very easy to scratch the paint off when touching it with my finger nails.
    Oh really... clearly not on mine.
    Just checked the other enclosure I received from Kacper. No paint coming off from this one. So one case is bad, the other one good. :evil:
  • So I put Cocteau in its case but unfortunately without having sanded the on-off switches for the length/travel, the mods don't work because the switches stay in their middle-like/shorting positions.

Also it is needed to remove threads in the holes of the lower part of the enclosure for the holes which make both parts held together. Just enlarge those holes.

A bit deceived that the graduations lines around Yocto's pots are hidden by the knobs, otherwise it's beautiful !

[resize=800]https://img4.hostingpics.net/pics/619664CIMG5490.jpg[/resize]
    Last edited by gihaume on Oct 27th, '17, 10:40, edited 1 time in total.
  • Very nice, especially those wooden end cheeks! I just realized that the enclosures are lacking the output labeling. Quite a few points Kacper didn't work on satisfactorily.

What kind of jacks did you use for the RS2 and MA2 outputs? Those holes on the backside seem to be too big for the PJ301BM jacks.
  • Is Kacper the only one providing enclosures for the cocteau modded yocto (if there ever will be a 2nd batch)?