COCTEAU!!!! (mod PCB for your YOCTO 808 clone)

Discuss Yocto construction and related issues
  • Finished assembling Cocteau Nr. 1 yesterday. What an awesome drum machine the Yocto became with Cocteau! Will upload a video, soon...

• KlangGenerator wrote:Finished assembling Cocteau Nr. 1 yesterday. What an awesome drum machine the Yocto became with Cocteau! Will upload a video, soon...

Great work! Can't wait to start mine!
  • Wow great works Klang Generator, so fast :shock:

My case hasnt arrived yet - what is the 'issue' with the silkscreen i need to check, or is it obvious?

many thanks
    Ben
  • Hi Kacper!

I emailed you about the case. Two things, silkscreen wears off easily and the on-off slide switches (cocteau) doesn't fit to the holes. I can file/trim the holes, but that would also remove the black paint. The previous yocto enclosure that I purchased from you didn't have these issues. Could you please respond to my email? Thanks!

Best,
    Janne
  • JanneI wrote:[...] the on-off slide switches (cocteau) doesn't fit to the holes.
    Really ? You took care of soldering the switch standing well right and they don't fit ? How serious is the issue ?
  • gihaume wrote:
    JanneI wrote:[...] the on-off slide switches (cocteau) doesn't fit to the holes.
    Really ? You took care of soldering the switch standing well right and they don't fit ? How serious is the issue ?
    Cocteau fits in my Kacper enclosures--switches and all. It is an intimate fit with so many switches and pots....but once in place, there is no resistance in sliding the switches or turning the pots.
  • My spdt switches didn't fit, even when not soldered at all. I filed the holes just a little bit to get them in. I guess the problem could be the paint, making the holes little too tight. Now they fit perfect. But the silkscreen is just terrible, no way near "good enough". Kacper hasn't answered my email :-/ Sorry, but this is not "good enough" -quality, especially when the last enclosure from kacper (normal yocto 1.0) few years ago had no issues with the silkscreen quality.
  • Kacper offered me to redo the paint work on my Cocteau enclosures. I sent them back to him more than 2 months ago. About 5 weeks ago he said they were ready and he would ship them the next day. Nothing arrived until now. I had to open a Paypal case because I already paid the enclosures in early May. But Kacper is still acting dead.

Anyone else here who returned enclosures to Kacper for rework?
    Last edited by KlangGenerator on Oct 18th, '17, 08:52, edited 1 time in total.