Yocto build - Click sound and no instrument sounds

Discuss Yocto construction and related issues
  • Checked the the polarity of all caps and there good.
  • Did you check the +/-15V supply on all ICs during the build (as stated in the build instructions)?
  • Yep, they where ok but I solder 2 IC's with power plugged in. And if I can recall this it was also the 4011.
    Maybe that I have to replace? Can I still check those voltages with IC soldered?

Thanks,

Maarten
  • Checking the voltages with ICs soldered is fine.
  • Checked the voltage on ALL the Dual Operational Amplifier 4558 IC's

+rail = +12,7 V
    -rail = -0,7 V That is wrong I guess :D

And now :D
  • Maarten wrote:Checked the voltage on ALL the Dual Operational Amplifier 4558 IC's

+rail = +12,7 V
    -rail = -0,7 V That is wrong I guess :D

And now :D
    Have you checked if the negative value is right directly from the PSU board?
  • As already suggested, I would first disconnect the PSU Board from the main board and measure the
    +/-15V supply voltages directly on the PSU board.
  • Yes Fabi, I measured the voltage on the PSU board it gives +12 and -0.6ish Already replaced the negative voltage 7915CT. Did not make any difference.

Where is the schematic for the PSU? The one before the regulators? Could not find it in eagle. There is no fuse involved, am I correct?
  • I'm still waiting for my Yocto Kit, so cannot tell for sure, but from looking at the PCB pictures the PSU looks straight forward,
    the LM2596 is for the +5V supply, which is working. In front of the 7815 / 7915 is just a bunch of rectifier diodes and thats all.
    You also have no input voltage in between the left and middle pin of the 7905 (Ground and Voltage input?)
    Are you definitely sure, your wall socket powersupply outputs 15V AC? DC supply will not work of course.