[Sold] 1 new Yocto

Discuss Yocto construction and related issues
  • Update: wood sides now included.
  • Interested, can you PM me your email?
  • Hi Gihaume,

Can you share with us your step button mod? It's the only thing that keeps annoying me too about this otherwise wonderful kit.

Kr, Jeroen
  • jeroenbvo wrote:Hi Gihaume,

Can you share with us your step button mod? It's the only thing that keeps annoying me too about this otherwise wonderful kit.

Kr, Jeroen
    Hi Kr, Jeroen,

Sure, here it is:
    • First solution - for sure the best one - you make some spacers that will come between the PCB and the step keys.
    • Second solution you cut the little tips on the rotary selectors, reduce the height of the LED spacers and change the spacing nuts by some 9 mm ones (I'm not 100% sure anymore if that was maybe 8 mm, but I don't think so).

Reducing the height of the LED spacers and keeping their righteousness is not that easy in trying to do it manually. I think the best solution is to take a piece of wood or MDF and drill a hole of the same diameter and of the depth like the height we will want, then put the spacer in it and sand the exceeding part.
    English is not my first language (it's French), so I hope you understand what I mean.
  • Have a look at this post on Synthforum.nl :

http://www.synthforum.nl/forums/showpos ... tcount=184

If anyone's interested I can make you an EPS file for Formulor/Ponoko with 16 of these things.
  • Hey Jeroen and gihaume,
    so the switches normally are laying too deep in the enclosure...

What's the annoying thing about it? Cosmetically or does it feel/work strange when programming?

Is it so bad that you feel like desoldering 96 joints?

Sorry to mess up your topic btw.
  • Update: added sound demo

ikke: I don't know if it's very annoying in use (I think no because I'm only the second to show a mod about it), because I directly did it before final mount in the enclosure and use.
  • Thanks gihaume,

For me its more a cosmetic thing. Although I did have a couple of sticky switches, but a little bit of sanding the sides of the button caps sorted that.

I don't feel like desoldering 96+ joints on my perfectly working Yocto, so I guess I will leave it like this...
  • So you can use the second solution like me, there is no problem. It's only a bit tricky with the LEDs spacers and that makes the pots finish higher (a bit too much but still worth it in my opinion).