Exploring other enclosure options.

Discuss Yocto construction and related issues
  • I got answers to some of my questions, and there's one thing that makes it impossible for me to give an exact price per enclosure : if the prototype needs adjustments, there are extra costs involved for the redesign and reprogramming. If they nail it from the first go there's no problem but there's no guarantee they will.

I'm thinking to send out emails to everyone on my list to confirm everyone's info, and then send out paypal invoices for 100€ to everyone, to be payed if you feel like it. The problem here is that you'll be paying the paypal fee twice, which amounts to around 4€ for the first payment, so there's no obligation to pay in two times. You will of course be helping me out to pay for the prototype.

I'm sorry if this all sounds kind of amateurish but I'm making this up as I go along, I have no prior experience with this group buy thing, so please forgive me! :lol:

For anyone still interested to get on the list, I'll be ordering 30 units, and I have 27 units that are spoken for right now. So I still have 3 or 4 units available, depending on how the prototype turns out!
  • Hi ElSchtroumpf,
    Could you maybe put your Iban and Bic numbers in that email for all Europeans. I think a bank transfer does not have a fee.
    HEY, I do not see an amatuer here.
    If you do not try. . .
    You will never learn!

Succes,
    Shiva
  • ElSchtroumpf wrote: I'm thinking to send out emails to everyone on my list to confirm everyone's info, and then send out paypal invoices for 100€ to everyone, to be payed if you feel like it. The problem here is that you'll be paying the paypal fee twice
    No problem but as said Shiva ...
    Shiva Niet wrote:Could you maybe put your Iban and Bic numbers in that email for all Europeans. I think a bank transfer does not have a fee.
    It's a good idea and i prefer ... this is how I paid the Adrian MI metal case
    The transfer with Iban/Bic is free in Europe
  • Very good point. Especially since I have only 3 people on the list that live outside of the IBAN zone! I will send everyone my account info as soon as I have confirmed your info via mail. I will do this in the weekend.

I've also managed to find all the needed accessories for the enclosure on the same webshop, so I have the prices for everything :

- The switch : 1,20€
    - C14 connector : 1€
    - The feet : 85 cents per unit, so 3,40€ per set of four
    - Cable shoes : 5 cents per unit
    - Nuts&bolts (4 bolts for the enclosure, 4 bolts + 4 lock nuts for the feet) : 1,40€

If you need a switch and a connector, that will bring you to a grand total of 7,35€

Here's a link to the feet I will be ordering : http://www.conrad.be/ce/nl/product/5224 ... ggest=true

And regarding the cable shoes, both the switch and C14 take 4,8x0,8mm cable shoes, I will be ordering fully insulated ones so you don't have to look for them. I didn't find any fully insulated shoes in the usual DIY or electronics shops in my vicinity. Very weird...

Also, the bolts are stainless steel and the lock nut has a plastic inlay, hence the higher price.
  • could someone give me an idea how to integrate a powersupply into Yocto? I suppose there is a type that you can buy that gets an input of 100-240 VAC and outputs 15VAC, but it's internal and doesn't need a fan?

What solutions have you found for the new enclosures?

I couldn't find any reference in the thread, or anything that seems like it would fit on any of my DIY-sites...

thanks!
  • Hi Elschtroumpf,

I am interested in 2 pieces, please send me your info. Can also do IBAN/BIC. I can't send pm so far, so please get in touch with me.

Thank you
    Prophonic.
  • @Elschtroumpf,

I'm also interested in 1-2 cases. I live in Finland, so IBAN/BIC is ok! I need your contact details.

Cheers,
    Rasmus
  • All 30 enclosures are now ordered, I'm not taking any new orders unless someone cancels.

I also received a new offer from the factory, apparently the price goes down a little for 30 pieces, which is good news for everyone.

The only thing I'm still not sure about at this point is the weight of the enclosure, so I'm not sure about the shipping costs. For the people in the Netherlands, Germany or France, this changes nothing, for everyone else this might mean a doubling of the shipping cost if the total package exceeds 5kg. I tried to calculate an approximation and ended up at around 3kg, but I've already proven that my math skills are not to be trusted! :lol:

Expect an email from me this weekend!
  • Hey – I'd love an enclosure if you have any spare!

Thanks