S-TRIG

Discuss Yocto construction and related issues
  • Does anybody have an idea about this "s-trig" issue ? I suspect a transistor but I don't know which one I have to check... :oops: Thank you !
  • Dear Sal Mocco,

How did you find that you 've got S-trig instead of v-trig.
    Do you have a scope ?
    Because i don't think both trig out will be faulty at the same time, but it's possible too.

Best regards,
    e-licktronic
    Best regards,
    e-licktronic
  • Hi !

Thank you for your answer. I noticed this malfunction because of the answer of my SH-2 to those triggers (continous gate and retrig when the trig step sequenced was lighting), so I tested with my voltmeter and there was 5V at both triggers outputs even without trigs sequenced. I've just tested five minutes ago with my old scope (not a very accurate one) and I have an impulsion of 0V (5-10ms) on a 5V signal on both trig outputs. I don't know if it is relevant but I can't either do rolls with triggers (maybe it's not possible even with a normal gear).

And if someone can explain me how to link a jack to the third trig output, it would be just great !

Thank you again ! Image
  • Hi,

Check that you get 0V at Q1 and Q2 base on the IO board.
    Check that this transistor are 2SA733.

Tu use trig 3 out simply connect the tip of jack connector (or other) to the trigout3 pad or you can add the same circuit as the other trig out to prevent damage.

Best regards,
    e-licktronic
    Best regards,
    e-licktronic
  • Again, thank you !

I got 5V on both 2SA733 transistors (Q1&Q2) bases. I guess my mistake is upstream in the circuit...
  • Sal Mocco wrote: And if someone can explain me how to link a jack to the third trig output, it would be just great !
    I occurred to me that the Trigger 2 mono jack socket could be replaced with a stereo jack socket (TRS), if the legs to the ring were bent back (or cut off). Then a wire from the Trig 3 pad on the I/O board could be soldered to the ring legs. That way a simple stereo to mono splitter lead could be used to output trigger 2 from the tip and trigger 3 from the ring. :P

Diagram to explain TRS
  • Clever ! Thank you :mrgreen:
  • If someone has more trails about this s-trig issue... I'm here ! :mrgreen: :geek:
  • Sorry to insist but it's very sad to see my yocto opened without being able to repair it, nobody has an idea about that issue ? Thank you very much !